If you are interested in working in the nail care industry, you need to know the differences between a number of techniques and media.
For example, do you know what the difference between acrylic and gel nails is? And do you know what PolyGel, a revolutionary new treatment in the entire industry, contains? Read on to find the answers!
WHAT ARE ACRYLIC NAILS?
Acrylic nails are extensions of natural nails. For application, the natural nail bed is laid down and then a mixture of acrylic powder and liquid is added.
This creates an acrylic, which is used to form the artificial nail. Nail polish can then be applied to the smooth surface.
- -Acrylic nails can last up to 4 weeks.
- They are very hard and resistant to damage.
- They provide a smooth surface for the application of Nail Art.
- Customers can choose the length of the nail.
- They can damage natural nail beds.
- They sometimes look less natural than nails.
- When applied, the process involves unpleasant chemicals and fumes.
- Unlike normal manicures, where nail polish can be easily removed, acrylic nails must be soaked in potentially harmful acetone.
WHAT ARE NAILS?
Gel nails are not extensions – they are formed by applying three layers of gel to the natural nail. First a primer is applied, followed by a Polish paint and then a protective top coat. After application, each layer is cured for a few minutes under UV light.
- You look shiny and fresh.
- They are more flexible than acrylic nails and are therefore less prone to flaking.
- The drying time is much faster than with a normal manicure.
- No unpleasant fumes occur during application.
- They only last up to 2 weeks.
- Exposure to UV rays can be dangerous for the skin.
- UV light can also cause heat peaks that hurt the nail bed.
- The gel can become detached if used poorly.
- The removal process includes soaking in acetone.
WHAT ARE POLY NAILS?
PolyGel was developed by nail care product specialist Gelish and was designed to combine the positive aspects of acrylic and gel nails.
This revolutionary product uses a mixture of gel-based acrylic powder. The treatment is applied like a gel, starting with a base layer, followed by a polish and a top layer.
- PolyGel nails are both strong and flexible.
- The formula has a pleasant scent.
- They cure quickly under harmless LED light.
- They are very light and comfortable to wear.
- They can easily be filed with a nail file and a buffer.
- They can cause heat spikes if used incorrectly.
- They are significantly more expensive than other treatments.